Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Out With the Old.................


So, as 2008 is drawing to a close in exactly 9 hours time; here I am reflecting on what I have or have not achieved over the last year.

I like many of year ring in each new year with promises and high hopes of what the new year is to bring. But it never comes. Sadly it is just a new day with a new date. What honestly is going to be different this time around.

Honestly, I spend each new year shortly after midnight in a quite corner and shed a tear or two. For those who are no longer with us, those I miss and those I may never see again.

I do not make new year resolutions or promise myself this year will be better, it never is.

I have a lot of hard work ahead of me. Decisions I need to make, and tough ones. I need to let go of a lot before I can move forward. And being the sentimental schmuck that I am it is proving harder than I thought it would be.

So, shortly after midnight in 8 hours 50 minutes time. I shall shed a silent tear in a quite corner for those of you that are not with me, those of you that are no longer here and those of you I love and miss with all my heart.

May 2009 be the year YOU make changes because honestly... It is just another Day....

No comments: